Friday 29 February 2008

A weekend in the village

It was great cycling home from work at 6 o'clock this evening in the daylight and even more so knowing that the clocks go forward next weekend (nearly a month before the UK.)

The topsy turvey Albertan weather may still have a few surprises in store for us, but at least we'll be eating our supper in daylight within a few weeks.

This weekend we're taking time off skiing and our Rockies commute and catching up on housework, shopping and hopefully (for me) some quilting.

A Tuesday night quilting class has started in the village and I've started making a 6ft x 6ft applique quilt which will have 35 squares all depicting things about Canada. Not something I would have invisaged myself doing a year ago, but then neither was ice hockey! I think the easiest way to cope with being isolated in the middle of the Canadian prairie is to do as the locals do!

No comments:

Post a Comment